Find the answer to your Linux question:
t is a prologix Gpib-ethernet apadter with commands like ++addr ++auto etc. Architecture I have embedded system with gbip to ethernet adapater. The ethernet socket has fixed IP addr, say, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to configure a GBip-Ethernet adapter on Linux

t is a prologix Gpib-ethernet apadter with commands like ++addr ++auto etc.

Architecture

I have embedded system with gbip to ethernet adapater. The ethernet socket has fixed IP addr, say, 192.168.120.7.

From Windows I can configure gbip -ethernet adapter easily. If I connect ethernet wire from gbip -ethernet adapter to a Windows machine and open teraterm like utility and set up the ip address as mentioned above in teraterm, and type commands like addr, auto etc, it works.

I am wondering how I would do the same thing on Linux. I have fedora 12 OS.

You should be able to do the same thing with any of several serial communications programs like minicom or picocom. There are Fedora RPM packages available, if they are not already installed on your system.

Just Joined!
    @hagfish52,
    Thanks mate , i will try to install and see if it works

Just Joined!
    hi hagfish52,
    I have installed picocom but still it doesnt work . May be i do not know how to talk to gpib -ethernet adapter.
    If i want to talk to gpibto ethernet adapter from windows, I open tera term and type ip address of GPIB which is 192.168.120.7 and check telnet connection box there and give port number like 1234 and it works . I dont know how to do it from linux

If you were using the telnet function of teraterm, maybe you can use telnet directly. Install telnet server per the directions here: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-do-...reebsd-system/

To use telnet I think the command would be:

Code:
    telnet 192.168.120.7 1234
    If you have any difficulty with telnet the man page is here: telnet - Linux Command - Unix Command