Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
ok, tried that and also acpi_backlight=Linux which was suggested in the thread you linked. both did nothing Also checked that google search. I believe those are all about the function ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

ok, tried that and also acpi_backlight=Linux which was suggested in the thread you linked. both did nothing
    Also checked that google search. I believe those are all about the function keys not changing the brightness. in this situation the function keys will change the brightness once the monitor is "woken up"

Dang. I'm about out of ideas here. Best I can think of is use a text based installer, if available and see if that helps.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

well, PCLINUXOS is installed (I used the external monitor) and I can use the laptop if I leave it set after I boot it up then touch a button (to wake up the screen), it is just annoying as hell.

looking at some console commands right now to see if I can't make a startup script that can kick the backlight on when the system finishes booting

EDIT: I might have something.
    I tried many different commands before coming across this
    Code:
    vbetool dpms on
    Now, that didn't work and for sh!ts and giggles I used
    Code:
    vbetool dpms off
    So at this point I was stareing at two blank screens instead of one. blindly I typed
    Code:
    vbetool dpms on
    again and both screens came on!
    So now all I got to do is create a script that will run at boot that executes these two commands:
    Code:
    vbetool dpms off
    vbetool dpms on
    I know how to make the script run when I log in but unsure how to make it run before. gonna have to go back to the googles
    Last edited by TheAlmightyOS; 10-05-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2