Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well, while I did find PCLinuxOS to be a very nice alternative to Windows 7 (which I disgust). I do not like how I cannot game so I dusted off ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Installing Windows XP over FullMonty

Well, while I did find PCLinuxOS to be a very nice alternative to Windows 7 (which I disgust). I do not like how I cannot game so I dusted off an old copy of Windows XP. So decided to just install it over my copy of FullMonty, because I only have enough hard drive space for one OS. Though I would rather dual-boot but, that is not an option at this point.
    And I have to take the gaming one that I actually know how to operate, maintenance, and modify over the functional one that I have no idea how to install anything on. I have been downloading every thing as .exe and just running it through Wine with mediocre success, but only after attempting to install the Linux variants to minimal success.

Now to my actual problem: I have no idea how to boot from CD, and when I try to run the SETUP.exe it just says I have "No valid system partitions available. Setup cannot continue."

Many thanks,
    Dr_Shadow

Linux Guru
    You install programs in PCLinux by using Synaptic. There is an icon in the 'taskbar' for it. If you just want to play games that are designed only for windows, then using windows is the way to go. Your post indicates a problem/weakness with windows. Take a look at the microsoft site below which explains how to use a Linux CD so that you will then be able to install windows. You need to set the CD to first boot priority in the BIOS for starters, how to do that depends on the computer you are using. There is usually a message on boot telling you to press a specific key to enter BIOS/Setup. Watch for it. Being unable to boot your xp CD is a windows problem:

How to Remove Linux and Install Windows XP