Find the answer to your Linux question:
The website has been down for quite a few days, and I saw a message at some site--don't remember which--that said the pclos website had been hacked. (This was not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Any news from hacked PCLOS?

The website has been down for quite a few days, and I saw a
    message at some site--don't remember which--that said the pclos website had been hacked. (This was not an interactive site.) Anybody know what's going on over at pclos? Is there a prediction of when they might be back on line?

--doug

You mean this site? So cool ice cubes are jealous PCLinuxOS
    What have you heard is wrong with it? I clicked multiple links, successfully.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    I have tried to get into the pclos site from several systems, and I get "file not found". I'm going to go boot up another computer into Windows and try from there. I just did. If I Google for your "so cool"
    statement, I can get to a site which is the Linux Foundation. However, if I just Google for PCLOS forum, it will show a site which comes up "File not found." Since I am running a couple of
    versions of PCLOS on my computers, and even have a "direct" link to the PCLOS forum on the lowest bar of Firefox, I should be able to connect to it, but i can't. Can you connect to the PCLOS
    download site, or the PCLOS forum? Does anybody know the Bill Reynolds (Texstar) email address?

--doug

Linux Guru
    I imagine you have resolved this problem by now. Suggestion for future reference, when you are having problems connecting to a particular site post the actual link. I know there is a minimum number of posts before being allowed but there are ways to avoid this. It's three days later and all the PCLOS sites are available, the forums the downloads and the main site as well as the site "so cool ice cubes are jealous" mentioned above. Anyhow, hope you resolved this.

Linux Newbie
    You could also check by going here Is It Down Right Now? Website Down or Not?