Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

bug: FullMonty firewall setup needs shorewall-ipv6

Setting up the 2016 FullMonty firewall (root > KDE4 FullMonty > Control Center > Security > Set up your personal firewall) said shorewall-ipv6 needs to be installed, so either it's missing from the edition or, if the edition doesn't need it, the message shouldn't appear. I can't report a bug there but perhaps it'll be seen here.

I'm still attempting to install shorewall-ipv6 but the difficulty may be due to another issue. I plan to add its recommended 3d-party GUI to it.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    If you don't need it yet, you can temporarily disable IPv6 altogether for your network connections which should suppress this message, I would think. At least you can give that a try.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Being cautious, I wouldn't do that during the installation. That should be left to people who have experience, not with installations in general, but with installing one version of one distro on a slew of machines, so that it'd be more obvious if there'd be a risk of instability by deviating from installation instructions.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    So you have been using Linux for 4 days and already found 6 bugs.
    congratulations.
    the only reply you will get here are half-baked attempts to help (half-baked because you are not providing enough information, and because your "bug:..." titles suggest you are a complainer) and snide remarks like mine.

if you really want some help with your problem, re-think your attitude and re-phrase your initial problem.

if you really think you found a bug, do this:
    1. find out if it's a bug with the software installed, or with pclinuxos. in other words, find out where the bug report has to go.
    2. open an account with the bug tracker in question and file the bug. with all required attachments.

in either case, read this:
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Ok nihili, give the dude a break now, ok? I did try to help with his questions, but I think it is up to him now to work through his issues.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

@Rubberman: Yes, I'll deal with this.

@nihili: Your post seems to be identical to your post at "bug: screen redraw seems bad after print screen", to which I replied there.

This time, during a clean reinstallation, I think shorewall-ipv6 installed itself as I configured PCLinuxOS. It probably came in when I configured my firewall and maybe when I toggled some kind of IPv6 switch, which seems to have been a bad idea but things may be okay now. I probably won't use that utility enough to be worth installing a separate GUI just for shorewall-ipv6.