Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Instaling Nvidia Drivers on PCLOS

Im having major problems installing the nvidia propriatery drivers.

i keep getting the no xserver screens error ill try and get some screenshots later, i need the propriatery drivers installing as the neovo driver is causing some problems, very laggy video playback,and no open gl suport this normaly wouldent be a problem but its the only way i have of watching tv or music.

im using a pentium core 2 duo, with 2gb ddr2 ram with a 20gb main os sata drive, and a nvidia GT640 gpu.

any help you can offer would most be apreciated.

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

What is neovo? For nouveau see here: https://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/FeatureMatrix/
    You need firmware to use VDPAU hardware decoding.

ok if im following this corectly i need to get a firmware update for the nouveau driver to eneble full gpu functionality, how do i do this or is it easier to totaly remove nouveau and install the propriatery drivers?

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I've been using nVidia GPUs and their proprietary drivers for 10 years now. Go to the nVidia website downloads page and select the model you are using, along with the OS, etc. That will download a shell script that will install everything you need.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!