Find the answer to your Linux question:
Basically I'm messing around with a few distribution, and came across PCLinuxOS. SO I took the "minime" version and installed it on a 512MB Flash drive and it boots fine ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

PCLinuxOS Boot problem.

Basically I'm messing around with a few distribution, and came across PCLinuxOS.
    SO I took the "minime" version and installed it on a 512MB Flash drive and it boots fine on my Game computer. I liked it so much I want to use the flashdrive with PClinuxOS on my old toshiba 8000 laptop.

The problem is that the laptop is so old it doesn't have usb boot options in the bios. It does have a USB BTW, so how does one get a flash drive to boot on an old system?

~Mp

Just Joined!
    Why not burn a copy of your ISO from the USB drive to a CD, and boot from that on your laptop.

Just Joined!

PC Linux OS

I downloaded the ISO and burnt to CD, booted the PC into PC Linux OS and was impressed by it. Except that it did not recognise some hard disk partitions. I also tried it on a laptop, it booted okay, but this time it did not see the hard disk in the laptop at all.

How can I get PC Linux OS to see the hard disks on the computer?

may be its mounting problem. i think PCLinuxOS didn't mount harddisk on boot up. boot from CD and type 'fdisk -l' in terminal. post the output here......

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First