Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy LimeWireLinux help

i have installed lime wire linux (an j2re) but now when i try to run LimeWire-free-4.12.6-0 i just get a error saying something like "unknown host LimeWire-free-4.12.6-0" am i doing something wrong i am fairly new to linux an i have a little more than basic knowlege of linux i am using PClinuxOS i just hope someone can help thanks

Can you post the exact error messages??
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

the error says exactly "Unknown host limewire-free-4.12.6-0" an that is all it says, thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Does Limewire load and then display that error is it that instead of loading limewire you only get that message? How are you running it-- through a menu item, a shortcut on the desktop or in a terminal? If you go into a terminal and type lime and then hit tab to autofill in, and then hit enter does it run?

Smile

thank you for helping me i was trying to run it from command when i came down this morning and tried again it worked although i haven't actually rebooted i am not sure why it happened, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JELLYBEANZ
    thank you for helping me i was trying to run it from command when i came down this morning and tried again it worked although i haven't actually rebooted i am not sure why it happened, thank you
    Updating the kernel is the only time you have to reboot after installing or updating software in linux.

I wouldn't worry about it, it was probably just a typo the first time round. Glad you got it going.