Find the answer to your Linux question:
im currently fiddling with this one and i have to say its cool,what impresses me more is its multimedia playback.Anyways i see the " SYNAPTIC SOFTWARE MANAGER" on the desktop ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation Pclinux Os

im currently fiddling with this one and i have to say its cool,what impresses me more is its multimedia playback.Anyways i see the " SYNAPTIC SOFTWARE MANAGER" on the desktop and i was wondering

1 = what packages does it use ? (.deb or rpm)
    2= can i compile from source ?
    3= if so, how ? ( the commands)

thanks for the feedback
    There is no knowledge that is not power

Thumbs up re

ive manage to add some mirrors to the respository and ive manage to install some stuff...also ive notice that pclinuxOS cant do anything with rpm files(correct me if im wrong)

Just Joined!
    rpm based (started as mandriva based system)

Be careful about adding repositories
    The one repository contains everything Tex and the group put together for the system. You add something else, you might end up with broken packages.

Just run synaptic and search for package you want. If you don't find what you want/need, then go to http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php and post the package/program you want

Arrow re

thanks men.i dunno how to put this but even though i started linux with suse10.1 i find PCLOS better.on the looks suse wins but for works PCLOS is the best !! id recommend this to anyone joining linux community.

I started with SuSE 9.1 and then 9.3 and 10.0 and 10.1, I like PCLinuxOS better too and I also agree that looks on SuSE wins, but I'm on SuSE 10.1...again so that I can try it out...again . However, my struggle is whether I like PCLinuxOS or ubuntu better..