Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a very strange problem... I use an IBURST (Wireless internet, behaves like adsl modem, uses pppoe to connect) internet connection. Using the pclinuxos (0.93 big daddy) internet connection ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Strange Internet Sharing Problem In PCLinuxOS

I have a very strange problem...

I use an IBURST (Wireless internet, behaves like adsl modem, uses pppoe to connect) internet connection.

Using the pclinuxos (0.93 big daddy) internet connection sharing wizard, i shared the internet connection (uses squid as transparent proxy, and acts as a dhcp and name server)

I have a laptop running WinXP SP 2, I set its settings to automatically obtain ip address in windows, and automatically detect network settings in internet explorer, it works perfectly, can access msn messenger, and every website.

now every other machine on the network, win xp mce2005 sp2, set up just like laptop, can see internet, visit most sites except https://www.encrypt.standardbank.co.za/ (other https sites work like gmail), and msn messenger/windows live messenger does not work.

i have no idea how to find out where the problem is, I would appreciate any ideas/info on how to track down problem or solve it...

(if it helps, all machines are on wireless network using wpa encryption, server cable connected directly to wireless router and server ip is 192.168.0.1, haven't tried plugging machines directly to router yet)

Just Joined!
    still haven't found how to fix this

Just Joined!
    Found the soloution, when using iburst, drop the MTU of the other computers to 1321, and everything works great, there is also a way to do this in the kernel of the internet sharing machine.

South African eh