If I'm on the wrong forum, it's because there is no forum for PCLinuxOS. One place it says it's from Mandriva, and another says it's really Debian, so I'm all confused with what it really is, etc. Anyway, I was going through the PCLinuxOS USB install tutorial located on this site:
USB PCLinuxOS MiniMe install | Pen Drive Linux

And all was going well until I tried the download of Syslinux 3.50 at:

Download Syslinux 3.50 for Linux - Syslinux is a collection of boot loaders for the Linux operating system. - Softpedia and I get this response

“550 Directory: Access Denied Failed to Change Dir”.

So I did a search to find out what in the world that means and I found out that I need to have a “list permission”. Permission for what? Another guessing game type of response. So after wasting 30 minutes or so, I gave up on that wild goose chase and decided to try this URL:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/util...inux/syslinux- 3.36.zip

I got a 404 not found and a blank page.

So what gives? It seems that everytime I get interested in Linux, I wind up going in circles and finally throw in the towel. It's really frustrating. So I guess my question is : Is there a site that offers a simple and normal way to download Syslinux 3.50 or 3.36 without having to jump through 20 hoops and go through this type of obstacle course?