Find the answer to your Linux question:
I asked someone why it would be a good idea to use a scripting language such as PHP when you can write a Javascript code. As far as I can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

server side -vs- client side

I asked someone why it would be a good idea to use a scripting language such as PHP when you can write a Javascript code. As far as I can see, I'm thinking that the server should do the least amount of work and let the client computer handle more work load. Now, if someone turned off Javascript in their browser, my theory goes down the drain. Can anyone give me a better reason to use a server side scripting language such as PHP?
    The best things in life are free.

Linux Guru
    Oh, there is immense use for it. If you use PHP, the script can use information stored on the server, like looking in databases, fetching user information, run programs on the server and everything. A JavaScript that runs on the client has, of course, no access to any of that functionality.

Linux Engineer

forums

I guess you can use PHP for forums. I'm assuming that it'll be easier to do it in PHP since it has databasing capabilites and all.
    The best things in life are free.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close