Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have the Apache+ MySQL + PHP4.3.8 right now. I was wondering how to upgrade to PHP 5. Is there a way to do it via the up2date method?. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Upgrading to PHP 5 on Fedora 2

I have the Apache+ MySQL + PHP4.3.8 right now. I was wondering how to upgrade to PHP 5. Is there a way to do it via the up2date method?. I would prefer not using the recompile method as I would like the site up and going.

Just Joined!
    I would really like to know if this is possible too - is it possible to upgrade to php5, mysql5, apache 2x using yum on FC1? Failing that, are there any good tutorials of how to do this, without totalling a live installation?

In fact, you can try apt or yum to update it directly.
    However, it seems no sites updaet the apt server for FC2 anymore ( if someone knows yes, plz tell us)

So the another way is compiling the code. I try it before. But there are a lot of dependency which is needed to update first before you can install the PHP5.

Although I can't give you a help here, I hope this can also give a reference to you.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks for the advice Tomato - maybe I will create a image of the server and test it before I try on live .

One question, is it possible to use mysql 5 alongside php4 ? It is just a question of rpm -uvh with mysql 5 install from mysql.com?

I am sure this work!!! Becasue I am using this matching.
    However, I install by compiling code for PHP and using rpm for MySQL 5.