Find the answer to your Linux question:
How portable is GTK+? How can I compile GTK+ application to be running under X, Unix and also Windows?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Portability of GTK+

How portable is GTK+? How can I compile GTK+ application to be running under X, Unix and also Windows?

Re: Portability of GTK+

Quote Originally Posted by rat007
    How portable is GTK+? How can I compile GTK+ application to be running under X, Unix and also Windows?
    You can run GTK in Linux and MS Windows. One notable project that comes to mind is the Gaim instant messenger. It uses GTK+. The only caveat is that if you plan on using GTK+ in MS Windows, you'll need to install it first; it doesn't come standard.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    You can run GTK in Linux and MS Windows. One notable project that comes to mind is the Gaim instant messenger. It uses GTK+. The only caveat is that if you plan on using GTK+ in MS Windows, you'll need to install it first; it doesn't come standard.
    So what should I install in MS Windows? I was looking for some libraries but I can't find them. (I thing Gimp is another nice example of GTK under Win)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

So what should I install in MS Windows? I was looking for some libraries but I can't find them. (I thing Gimp is another nice example of GTK under Win)
    Hmm.. Well, Gaim comes with GTK+ 2.0. I really don't know what you'd need to install in MS Windows, however.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants