Find the answer to your Linux question:
Anybody have any opinions on trolltechs qt development environment. I believe its free on linux. haven't downloaded it yet and wondered what the general consenus was....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

qt any good?

Anybody have any opinions on trolltechs qt development environment. I believe its free on linux. haven't downloaded it yet and wondered what the general consenus was.
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.

Linux Guru
    So you're saying that it's an IDE? In that case, sorry, but I don't think it'll beat emacs.

Linux Enthusiast
    Dolda: it is not an IDE, just a DE. It is decent, from what I have heard it is more "integrated feeling" than it's major competitor GTK. QT is also C++ based, not C, so GTK has a bit of an advantage from where I am concerned too. Even though QT has C wrappers and GTK has C++ wrappers I think they are both much better in their originally intended language.

Personally, I like GTK, just for the whole look/feel of GNOME2, but I know they can all look the same if done correctly.
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

Linux User

reviews

I had just read some reviews of development environments and qt was covered wondered what people thought. adobe have chosen it for a couple of there smaller products.

and i believe qt is cross platform. as is gtk if you install it on windows.

IDE? Integrated Development Environment. If so why isn't qt an IDE?
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.