Find the answer to your Linux question:
I can successfully launch and work with Eclipse under root in Debian. But when start it under non-privileged user I get: Code: !SESSION 2010-02-19 17:27:41.673 ----------------------------------------------- eclipse.buildId=M20090917-0800 java.version=1.6.0_12 java.vendor=Sun Microsystems ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Eclipse Galileo starts with exception on Debian

I can successfully launch and work with Eclipse under root in Debian. But when start it under non-privileged user I get:

Code:
    !SESSION 2010-02-19 17:27:41.673 -----------------------------------------------
    eclipse.buildId=M20090917-0800
    java.version=1.6.0_12
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
    Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-02-19 17:27:42.671
    !MESSAGE Error reading configuration: Permission denied
    !STACK 0
    java.io.IOException: Permission denied
    	at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
    	at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1704)
    	at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1792)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.initializeInstanceFile(StorageManager.java:188)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.open(StorageManager.java:692)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.initFileManager(BaseStorage.java:213)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.initialize(BaseStorage.java:147)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.initializeStorage(BaseAdaptor.java:121)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.initialize(Framework.java:185)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.<init>(Framework.java:157)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:286)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:175)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
    What permissions should I set up? Thanks.

Just Joined!
    Your non-privileged user permissions do not have the accesses necessary to read the Eclipse configuration files and (probably) the other folders needed to run Eclipse.

I don't know the best way to fix the problem, but you could reinstall Eclipse as the non-privileged user so that you'd have access to all of the files and folders necessary to run as a user other than root.

Just Joined!
    I don't understand how reinstalling Eclipse can solve my problem. The problem is what permissions should I set up to launch Eclipse under non-privileged user?

Just Joined!
    I solved my problem. Previously eclipse was unarchived under root so some files and directories in eclipse were unavailable for simple user. I unarchived Eclipse under this simple user and now all is working fine.

Just Joined!
    Sorry that I didn't understand that your original post defined a minimal solution set.

Essentially, you reinstalled Eclipse so that it was accessible to unprivileged users, and it solved your problem without messing with permissions on the original install. Congrats.