Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to get into the C++ programming again after a realy long break... Im thinking about serverside/IO programming, i´m not thinking about writing a economi system or something, but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

C++ serverside programming docs??

I want to get into the C++ programming again after a realy long break... Im thinking about serverside/IO programming, i´m not thinking about writing a economi system or something, but drivers,sockets,filehandling.

Does anybody know about good tuturials or howtos on that?? I already know about the most commmon pages....

Regards

Regards

Andutt

Linux Guru
    I find that the best way is almost always to look at existing source code. To write a driver, just look at some drivers that already are in the kernel source tree. Be aware, however, that to do kernel programming, you should know pretty much about how the actual hardware works.
    Sockets are really easy to work with. Just look at the glibc texinfo docs for info on that.

Linux Engineer
    The kernelsource is a little bit to advanced for me for the moment...like i said it was some time now since i programmed c++... i need to read up a little, so any good tuturials or howtos on serverside programming..???

Regards

Regards

Andutt

Linux Guru
    Well, if you're attempting kernel programming at all, be aware that there's no C++ at all, just plain, good C.
    Like I said, for socket programming and the like, see the glibc texinfo. There is a whole section on sockets, including some examples.

Linux Engineer
    Isnt there anybody that have a good website for this???

Regards

Regards

Andutt

Linux Guru
    Why would you prefer a web site before local texinfo docs?
    Anyway, there is surely an HTML transcript of the libc texinfo if you search for it on google.