Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Hi there ! I've beeen following the forum a few months and I'm happy to post my first question I'm using debian and, though i'm new to c++, i'm writing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined! SingleFemaleLawyer's Avatar

Trying to use libcurl and curlpp libraries in my program / Installing bootlib

Hi there ! I've beeen following the forum a few months and I'm happy to post my first question

I'm using debian and, though i'm new to c++, i'm writing a program using it which needs some HTTPs functionalities . I found these libcurl libraries could help me but I haven been able to use them from my program. I installed them (power trio configure -make -make install ) but i guess i'm doing something wrong ... i feel like i should copy or link them somehow in my project (besides the include sentences in my code). I hope you could give me a hand with this im quite lost
    Last edited by SingleFemaleLawyer; 07-22-2010 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Updated title information

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleFemaleLawyer View Post
    I found these libcurl libraries could help me but I haven been able to use them from my program.
    I'm not clear about what you're really asking - at what point are things going wrong? We need some specific problem to see if we're going to be able to help you!

• Did the libraries install okay? (Did you "make install" as root, and were there any errors during the install?) If not, could you post the output so we can see what exactly the problem is?
    • Can you compile and run a simple program that calls a function from each of the libraries? If not, please post the complete source code of such a (small & simple) program that you expect to at least compile, along with the errors you get when you try to compile/run it.

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll try to explain myself better.

As root, I installed the libcurl library in my system and everything went fine. I then tried to install curlpp /.configure was ok, then when make it says there is no makefile (curlpp is just a wrapper for libcurl so I thought it was normal).

The issue comes when I call a function of these libraries from a simple program. I cant compilate due to various errors, the first ones are "curlpp/curlpp.hpp", "curlpp/Easy.hpp" and "curlp/Options.hpp" no such file or directory

Linux Newbie
    I then tried to install curlpp /.configure was ok, then when make it says there is no makefile (curlpp is just a wrapper for libcurl so I thought it was normal).

I cant compilate due to various errors, the first ones are "curlpp/curlpp.hpp", "curlpp/Easy.hpp" and "curlp/Options.hpp" no such file or directory
    No offence, but I think your problem's fairly obvious - even a wrapper needs a make/make install step!

Your ./configure step has probably gone awry. Run it again, then look for the first error* and try to fix. If not, post the error. If you're not sure where the error is, please say so and post the complete output of running the configure script.

* I cannot stress this enough - the very first error.

Hi, you were right. There seems to be a problem with boostlib when doing ./configure on curlpp ... i've downloaded Boost but i can't find the way to install it

I've tried this that I found in the forum but does not work
    ./configure --with-boost-include=/home/maria/Boost/boost_1_35_0 --with-boost-lib=/home/maria/Boost/boost_1_35_0/libs

Linux Newbie
    To be honest, for all this you're probably just better off installing from the package manager. Just do "sudo apt-get install libboost-dev" and "sudo apt-get install libcurl-dev". I don't think there's a libcurlpp dev, but you could have a look. Either way, after installing them, a configure/make/make install on curlpp should go well.

Hi I wish I could do that but I'll need to do that in dozens powerpcs with no internet connection so I'm trying to make it work the regular way.

I installed bootlib finally, no errors, and did the same with curlpp but when I compilate my program I stil get an error saying curlpp/curlpp.hpp no such file or directory or doesn't exist ... there something odd going on here i've never had so many problems with something like this

Linux Newbie
    Hi I wish I could do that but I'll need to do that in dozens powerpcs with no internet connection so I'm trying to make it work the regular way.
    You could always download the relevant .deb files and make a script to install them - just an idea.

I installed bootlib finally, no errors, and did the same with curlpp but when I compilate my program I stil get an error saying curlpp/curlpp.hpp no such file or directory or doesn't exist ... there something odd going on here i've never had so many problems with something like this
    what happens when you do run "updatedb ; locate curlpp.hpp"?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGraham View Post
    You could always download the relevant .deb files and make a script to install them - just an idea.
    That's a great idea actually

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGraham View Post
    what happens when you do run "updatedb ; locate curlpp.hpp"?
    Nothing happens, I guess there is nothing wrong with it. I mean, I execute it and it takes some time processing but there is no outcome.

I don't understand why do I get an error when compiling
    PHP Code:
    #include <curlpp/curlpp.hpp> 
    but not with
    PHP Code:
    #include <curlpp/Easy.hpp>
    #include <curlpp/Options.hpp> 
    as they are all in the same library and it was correctly installed

I'm trying to run this
    curlpp dot org /index.php/examples/47-example-00

titled "the most simple example" (not for me it seems )

I haven't tried curlpp before - I googled out this link .
    Setting up cURLpp in Ubuntu Jack Valmadre’s Blog

HTH
    Last edited by Lakshmipathi; 07-23-2010 at 07:29 AM. Reason: typos
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast