Find the answer to your Linux question:
title says it im 16 and i am new to linux i have ubuntu i believe, its my uncles laptop he gave to me so idk how to use it, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation need help with making a game idk wat to do

title says it im 16 and i am new to linux i have ubuntu i believe, its my uncles laptop he gave to me so idk how to use it, i am looking into making a game to post on a website like kongregate but i don't have the slightest idea what im doing, i am not computer saavy but i am not half bad, this is above my head and all the websites ive seen are too complex 4 me can anyone point me in the right direction, or give me a step by step on what to do, and i don't know what programs to get or how to install them, i also am pretty poor so i cant afford any program or anything that costs money plz someone help me

Have you ever programmed before? If not, don't start with game programming; you'll want to learn general programming principles first.

There are a lot of popular languages for new programmers. One that I see a lot is called Python. You can learn about Python here:
    Python Programming Language – Official Website

Python also has a tutorial that introduces you to a lot of programming concepts:
    The Python Tutorial — Python v2.7 documentation

All of this software is free to use. You will want to also have access to a good text editor to write your programs in (you can't write programs in something Microsoft Word). If you are using Ubuntu, there should be a program installed called gedit. gedit is a popular programmers' text editor. If you are using a variant of Ubuntu called Kubuntu, there is a program installed call Kate that does something similar.

You will want to get used to writing simple programs that help you with various tasks. Once you have an understanding of programming, you can start working on something more complex like writing games. Kongregate's games are all Flash games, which are written in a language called Actionscript. However, once you've learned one language, it is pretty easy to learn others, so I still think Python is a good place to start.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask questions here. It's what we do .

Good luck! It's hard to start programming, but once you learn how, it's very rewarding.

Just Joined!
    thank you soo much ill get started right away