Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been able to use bash to initiate a google seache via firefox. I would like to either copy the source page to a file via wget or send ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Communication between Bash and Firefox

I have been able to use bash to initiate a google seache via firefox. I would like to either copy the source page to a file via wget or send firefox short cuts to the other terminal's firefox search page to put the html file in a directory.
    I seem to remember but maybe incorrectly that there exist hexadecimal codes for each keyboard shortcut in firefox. Maybe these could be echo-ed from bash to the firefox search page.
    Hope someone can help.

Linux Newbie

Do not understood clearly what is your question. Just need to save Google search results with wget? Just use an URI as browser does it, but with wget, and it would save a requested page by default. Your request would be just an URI parameter like in "http://www.google.com/search?q=your+search+request". So it will be

Code:
    wget 'http://www.google.com/search?q=your+search+request'

Linux User
    Was already able to use "wget" to capture a page. Unfortunately, the page does not contain the information presented when viewed by browser, firefox. Presumably due to javascript. Anyway, need to send shortcut codes used by firefox from a script in a separate virtual terminal to capture the information as presented by the browser.
    Hence, I need a method/process to address the browser in the other virtual terminal and shortcuts seem to be the most direct approach.
    I am aware of xtst (not available in my distro), xterm (haven't figured how to address the other terminal) and wmctrl which does this but would like to create the code to do it myself using bash commands available under Slackware 13.0.