Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Newbie here using centos 5, want to send a sets of binary data to other bluetooth device I know how to sent a file but dont know how to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sending binary data to bluetooth with terminal

Hi,

Newbie here using centos 5, want to send a sets of binary data to other bluetooth device I know how to sent a file but dont know how to sent raw data. My case is like this I have a bluetooth device I need to send data to then after it process I need to get it back, I plan to do this all using terminal is that possible?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

Thank you.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    First, you need to understand bluetooth protocols. Consider it a wireless USB device. Each device behaves according to certain rules, but each class has differences (storage, hid devices such as headsets & mice, etc). So, what are you trying to communicate with? What have you tried so far? What distribution+version of linux are you running? What kernel?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Hi thanks for your reply rubberman,

I am using Centos 5.5, i am trying to send data to my robot as a command the robot is equip with a bluetooth to RS232 converter so that the microchip can easily accept the data.

Now I have tried cat > (path to my device) but in this way i cant send a commnad like 00001100, then I tried minicom but dont know how to send raw data cause every site that i cam across all is setting the phone as modem etc etc but none is sending raw data such as binary number.

I have also tried using pure java language but later found out it is too troublesome so I am looking into using only terminal of centos.

Thank you in advance.