Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi please any one can help me on this, I have JTextfields in my application, i have overrided the JTextfield copy method using public void copy(); Jtextfield.setHighlighter(null); So i am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Able to Copy Text from uneditable Text Boxes(JTextfields) in Linux

Hi please any one can help me on this,

I have JTextfields in my application, i have overrided the JTextfield copy method using

public void copy();
    Jtextfield.setHighlighter(null);

So i am not able to copy text from JTextfield to other text editor in windows.

In Linux MouseDrag on Jtextfield data and paste in text editor also not able to paste data
    but MouseDrag on Jtextfield data and using center button of mouse(scroller) able to paste data on other text editor
    same thing is happening with double click and tab also.

In windows it's working fine.

edit by Cabhan: moved to Programming forum
    Last edited by Cabhan; 09-04-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by happy_ View Post
    I have JTextfields in my application, i have overrided the JTextfield copy method using

public void copy();
    Jtextfield.setHighlighter(null);

So i am not able to copy text from JTextfield to other text editor in windows.
    Hello, happy_ and welcome to the Forums!

While it is okay to ask any question in the Coffee Lounge, you'd better start a new thread in a corresponding section of the forum.

As for your problem, you may find this thread useful: [SOLVED] Help!! Copy JTextField to clipboard! - Java Forums (among the first 5 hits in Google).