Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running a Linux FTP server having around 100 systems accounts for which I need password expiry script which could use "email" package and send mails for warning, expiration ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Need Password Expiry Script for Unix System accounts

I am running a Linux FTP server having around 100 systems accounts for which I need password expiry script which could use "email" package and send mails for warning, expiration of accounts etc. The accounts are not user name based but deptt name based and users are being defined on the GECOS field. So, need that mails should be sent to the IDs (mails IDs) defined on GECOS field.

If anyone can guide me on this, it will be helpful for me.
    Thanks in advance.

What Linux distro and FTP server are you running? Also, how are you setting up the users?

Do you want the script to also expire the passwords? If so, you should be able to manipulate your authentication system to expire the passwords automatically. If not, you might look into using another auth system.

Just Joined!

Smile

I am using Fedora 5 and will migrate it to CentOS in future. Using vsftpd which uses system users as its ftp users.

No, I just want to send them mails regarding their password expiration as per set on shadow file. Got few scripts on forum but they are using the "user" field on password file for mailing, I need to use GECOS field to pick users to mail.

Any suggestions !!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close