Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all , first of all excuse me for my horrible english. I am using named pipes on a client server model. The client consists of 2 threads and share ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

C server-client and named pipes

Hi all , first of all excuse me for my horrible english.

I am using named pipes on a client server model.
    The client consists of 2 threads and share a memory segment with the server.
    All i am trying to do is make the client communicate with the server through these pipes but i cant find a way to synchronize them.
    When the client ( consists of 2 threads) is done with the shared memory manipulation the server should check if everything went fine.
    When the server is done with his job on the shared memory , he should send 2 same messages to these threads at the same time.
    The threads should read that messages and terminate .
    I don't know how to implement that , should i use 2 different pipes or just 1 is enough ?
    if i use 1 how can i synchronize these threads so they both read the same value?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Have you thought about using posix message queues? That is a better choice for this sort of thing than named pipes.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!