Find the answer to your Linux question:
What graphical programming front is best to use for Java and Objective-C programming. I have something in mind like Xcode on Mac....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Graphical programming front - For Beginners

What graphical programming front is best to use for Java and Objective-C programming. I have something in mind like Xcode on Mac.

Just Joined!
    When you say "graphical programming front," do you mean Integrated Development Environment (IDE)?

If so, the most commonly mentioned (not in order) are Eclipse, Geany, NetBeans, and there are others. In fact, here's a comparison page (scroll down to the Java section):

IDE Comparisons

If you mean something else, please explain.

Just Joined!

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.
    The IDE was what I was looking after and there seems to be none for Obj-C except on Mac Xcode. I will choose NetBeans for the Java.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Personally, after 30 years professional software engineering, including a lot of use of various IDE's from Lucid to J-Developer, to Visual Studio, to Eclipse, with today's GUI desktops I prefer to keep it simple - a good editor such as nedit, debugger (gdb), and make. Anything else gets in the way. The only GUI-based tool that I use now is an enterprise class UML design and modeling tool that has round-trip engineering capabilities - the ability to turn code into models, or models into code. That really accelerates the design and development of very large and complex systems.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Frankly, Objective-C is really not used in the Linux world at all. It's really only used for Mac OS X programming.

If you really want to do Objective-C on Linux, you can check out GNUstep:
    GNUstep.org

For Java, Eclipse is probably the most popular IDE in use these days. Netbeans, from Sun, is also popular.