Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Dear Rubberman, Any help on my problem. Thank you....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dear Rubberman,
    Any help on my problem. Thank you.

I still think you are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

From the oracle website:
    The Java Communications API (also known as javax.comm) provides applications access to RS-232 hardware (serial ports) and limited access to IEEE-1284 (parallel ports), SPP mode.
    So, given that this is a USB device, I think you are using the wrong API.

Some quick googling has turned this up
    JSR-000080 Java USB API - Final Release

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Without physical access to the device in order to do some futzing (modern term for "experimentation") this is about as far as I can go, though I tend to agree with coopstah13 that the Java serial API may not be suitable for this device. To me, Java is C++ with training wheels. Even though it is "multi-platform capable, it isn't to me any more efficient to use for application development than C++ because the level of testing required for multiple platforms is not diminished any over C++, and that is where the majority of time goes for commercial/industrial grade software development/deployment. I have been doing cross-platform, cross-operating-system software development of systems with in excess of 10M lines of code for about 30 years, so this is an area I am familiar with. Languages I have used professionally - C, C++, Pascal, Fortran, Cobol, Dibol, Java, ADA, PL/SQL (a subset of ADA, FWIW), Transact-SQL, BASIC, Visual Basic, C#, various scripting languages, assemblers for various chip sets, and stuff you probably never heard of. My language of choice is C++. Even given its warts, it is still the top of the heap (pun intended).
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Dear Gurus,
    So if my environment now is Centos. So what you do you guys recommend how shall I develop it.I am actually lost can some one please guide me how to go about it. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2