Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a newbie in linux n programming, I need to use ubuntu for my research at school about building an IMS server use openims. The problem is I need ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help! i need C/C++ scripts for make a hunting call in open IMS

I am a newbie in linux n programming, I need to use ubuntu for my research at school about building an IMS server use openims.

The problem is I need an additional script in C/C++ for my openims server to make an extension call. I hope one number can represent 3 client as receiver/operator. So, when I call the number, the server can forward the call to those three receiver by hunt.
    1st call will be forward to the 1st receiver.
    2nd call will be forward to the 2nd receiver.
    3rd call will be forward to the 3rd receiver.
    then, 4th call will be forward back to the 1st receiver, etc.

Could anybody help about the script??

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    See the terms of use for these forums. Helping with class/homework assignments is not allowed. One assumes that writing these scripts is part of your assignment...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!

Thank Rubberman..
    I'm sorry this's not for my homework or class task, but just for increase my knowledge about IT..
    Last edited by dita; 11-17-2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: wrong answer

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by dita View Post
    Thank Rubberman..
    I'm sorry this's not for my homework or class task, but just for increase my knowledge about IT..
    Yet you said in your original post "I need to use ubuntu for my research at school about building an IMS server use openims."...

Just Joined!
    no, no.. the "reaserch" i said not a homework or class task.
    i'm not an informatics student, so i never got a lesson, task or homework about programming anymore.
    sorry, if my english not good enough to explain..

i just trying to do something that i called "research" before to increase my knowledge about networking, and I do it at my school/college labs.

i have success to built the server,but the software didnt support hunting system for make a call that I need to simulated my server.
    bcoz I use an open source software n OS, maybe it can add a hunting call script for the software, right?
    But i have googling n search from some book, i havent got the script yet.

so, I try to ask if somebody know about the link for download or know the script I need.

Ok. Thanks for the clarification on the "research vs. school work" question. So I have a question. By OpenIMS are you referring to the commercial OpenIMS Enterprise Content Management (OpenIMS Enterprise Content Management (CMS) en Document Management (DMS) Server), or the open source IMS Call Session Control software: OpenIMSCore.org | The Open Source IMS Core Project These are two very different things. From your initial posting I have to think the latter (Call Session Control). So please clarify that issue.

Just Joined!

U're welcome rubberman
    Yes,I used the last one, open source IMS Call Session Control from openims.org for the core of the ims server.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by dita View Post
    Thank Rubberman..
    Yet you said in your original post "I need to use ubuntu for my research at school about building an IMS server use openims."...