Find the answer to your Linux question:
I know this is the wrong forum, but I didn't really want to join another forum site JUST to ask this question. I figured there would be someone out there ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Not the right forum, but CSS help?

I know this is the wrong forum, but I didn't really want to join another forum site JUST to ask this question. I figured there would be someone out there who could help.

I'm taking an enterprise servers class for my Masters, and I'm having some trouble with some CSS. Basically, here's my site:

http://130.184.26.149:1080/~uoas328/site/index.html

Notice how the background image halts? What I want to do is have the following image repeated just below the background image:

http://130.184.26.149:1080/~uoas328/...ges/border.jpg

That way, the border appears to fluidly continue. Any thoughts?

I don't understand what exactly your problem is. Do you mean the gray content area?
    However, I have one big tip for you: don't use tables for layout purpose. Use DIV containers and style with CSS. Also HTML 4.01 Transitional is not a doctype for new pages, you should use HTML 4.01 Strict, XHTML 1.x Strict or (X)HTML 5 .
    Refining Linux Advent calendar: 24 Outstanding ZSH Gems

Just Joined!
    Notice how the background has some variation on the sides (different from the grey content area) and that black line going down the side? The second image, the border image, is a small cross-section of the VERY bottom of the background. If it is set to repeat, the page (content area, black line, etc) will "grow" as needed. I just can't get anything like "image-bottom-border" to work.

Also, yeah, this class isn't delving too far into CSS, so I don't know anything about DIV containers. I'm going a little above and beyond trying to get this to work, actually, but I'm a perfectionist at times . . .

Does that make sense?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close