Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, folkes, is there anyone who can help me integrate a macro from MS Word to Open Office, please? It is a script I need for music. I cannot upload ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

HELP me integrate a MACRO command in Open Office

Hi, folkes, is there anyone who can help me integrate a macro from MS Word to Open Office, please? It is a script I need for music. I cannot upload the file here nor give you the link, because I'm not let. Waiting for an an answer, either positive or negative...

Thanks!

The 2 programmes have different macro language so it's a complete rewrite I believe.
    If you look at the OpenOffice.org forum and do a search there's plenty of help and advice on this.
    Pete

Just Joined!
    No one there can help. I tried. Can you?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    The official OpenOffice Wiki confirms that the Macro languages differ to much, so you have to rewrite. This Wiki is not very recent, they are only talking about Visual Basic. But MS Office has changed its macrolanguage to Visual C++ from version 2007 and later.
    Charles
    ASUS EEE Box B202, Atom 270 1,6GHz, 1 GB, HDD 80GB, XP-SP3 / PinguyOS
    Asus EEE PC 901 with Bodhi-Linux

How big is the macro and what exactly does it do?
    If it's not too big you can copy/paste into a reply and one of us may be able to help.
    Pete

Just Joined!

re macro

it is a macro to input fonts with the help of a tabel and not by keyborad. The tabel has 4 columns according to 4 fonts that are music notes.

After that, there is a field, like a layer, like a case box that you extend on the page, above the notes and you input text there, in that field, and the macro aligns automatically the text under the notes.

Well, anyway this is the sort of program I need, but it can be written from scratch, I just want to be able somehow to do this, does not matter the software, you know? I cannot attach it here, because I need 15 posts to be able to attach.

But I can upload them here: s1.transfer.rol.ro/111346d0a34d584e9ebd09ddbcbb0bf7.html

You have there the macro command and the sample in a doc file but needs MS Word to display correctly.

thanks!

Just Joined!

Macros

Ok, it seems I managed to upload here the Macro. Just unzip. At the link above you can download the doc sample, how it looks like...

Thanks again!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've had a quick look at the file. It seems to be just a series of simple moves. You should be able to create these from scratch using the macro recorder in OpenOffice.org.
    Switch on the recorder, name the macro, carry out the maneouvre and switch off for each move.
    Pete

Just Joined!
    I had a closer look at what I need, and the thing is I just need to create a table with some columns taht displays some fonts on each tab, because I can input text much faster that with the keyboard. it's just I don't have any knowledge of how it should be done.. Uhmm... I really don't know from where to get the documentation for the macro in OO.

Do you have a link for me?

Just Joined!
    I also found the link but it's imposibile for me to learn 1000 pages... Thanks for your help, anyway...