Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi , i trying to install xine-libs, firts i did ./configure and its ok work it but when i decided to run make to copile i get some errors messages ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

make

hi , i trying to install xine-libs, firts i did ./configure and its ok work it but when i decided to run make to copile i get some errors messages like

-I../..4 -falign-loops=4 -falign-jumps=4 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fexpensive-optimizations -fschedule-insns2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffast-math -funroll-loops -finline-functions -mcpu=pentiumpro -I/usr/include/kde/artsc -DSIMPLE_IDCT -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -c svq1.c
    gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I../../.. -I../../.. -I../../../src -I../../../src -I../../../src/xine-engine -I../../../src/xine-engine -I../../../src/xine-utils -I../../../src/xine-utils -g -O2 -Wall -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DXINE_COMPILE -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -falign-functions=4 -falign-loops=4 -falign-jumps=4 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fexpensive-optimizations -fschedule-insns2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffast-math -funroll-loops -finline-functions -mcpu=pentiumpro -I/usr/include/kde/artsc -DSIMPLE_IDCT -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -c svq1.c -DPIC -o svq1.lo
    svq1.c: In function `svq1_decode_block_non_intra':
    svq1.c:2231: Internal error: Segmentation fault.
    Please submit a full bug report.
    See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/> for instructions.
    make[5]: *** [svq1.lo] Error 1
    make[5]: Saliendo directorio `/usr/src/xine-lib-0.9.13/src/libffmpeg/libavcodec'make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[4]: Saliendo directorio `/usr/src/xine-lib-0.9.13/src/libffmpeg/libavcodec'make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[3]: Saliendo directorio `/usr/src/xine-lib-0.9.13/src/libffmpeg'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Saliendo directorio `/usr/src/xine-lib-0.9.13/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Saliendo directorio `/usr/src/xine-lib-0.9.13'

is that message i get at all version of xine and others software to try copile is something wrong in my pc or at linux gcc mcpu= how can fix it ?

Linux Guru
    A segfault in gcc is pretty serious, and almost always indicates that there's something wrong with your hardware, most probably your RAM. Download memtest86 from http://www.memtest86.com/ and test your RAM banks with it. It will take some serious time, so you might want to leave it on during the night or something like that.
    You don't happen to live near a nuclear power plant or have radium concrete in your house? Alpha particles are known to play badly with the RAM.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    You don't happen to live near a nuclear power plant or have radium concrete in your house? Alpha particles are known to play badly with the RAM.
    Ha! That would make a funny support phone call. I can just hear some Microsoft support guy justify BSOD with "Ahh, I see you live near a nuclear power plant. I'm sorry you're going to have to move."

Since I compiled my OS from source, I was getting frequent seg faults. Turns out overclocking my CPU was the culprit. Overclocking increases the temperature, which in my case caused seg faults.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    My second RAM bank crashed just yesterday. It sucks. The strange thing is that it happened just as I began installing gentoo. You know, I've never had a problem with it before, so first I was beginning to suspect that something was wrong with gentoo, but then I checked it with memtest86, and it turns out that it kept changing bits on me. It's just so strange that it coincided so precisely with when I began installing gentoo, don't you think.
    Anyway, I removed it, so I'm running with 256 MBs instead now. It kind of sucks that I'll have to buy a new one.

It would be a funny support call, though. =) Luckily, you can always prove them wrong with memtest86.

Just Joined!
    If there's a Distro that's going to stress CPU and memory, it's Gentoos massive amount of compilation. I never noticed my overclocking causing problems in Windows, other than the occasional game dumping me back to the desktop, but 18 hours of GCC can certainly stress test your rig. It's all good clean fun though.

Bummer about the screwed Ram tho.