Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello evrybody, I like that someone help me choose a software (C / C + +) Open source, for my robotics tasks contol that has the following characteristics: -For host: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help me choose a software (C / C + +)

Hello evrybody,
    I like that someone help me choose a software (C / C + +) Open source, for my robotics tasks contol that has the following characteristics:
    -For host: I used Ubuntu .
    -For target: Digilent XUP, processor Leon3 (SPARC) and Linux kernel (2.0 or 2.6).
    I found a software orocos ,but it does not work on my processor architecture Leon3 (SPARC).

Any help

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Debian (basis for Ubuntu) works well for embedded type systems. I use it on an ARM architecture board for industrial controls. I use both C and C++ for it, and use either my Ubuntu laptop, or my RHEL (Scientific Linux) workstation as hosts for kernel module development. I build with gcc/g++ directly on the board for application software.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

RE: The robotics tasks
    Programming in C/C++ is not reflective, unlike PHP for example (that BTW can embed C++ code as well).

RE: Linux on Leon 3 SPARK
    Take a look at this:
    Linux for LEON processors - Aeroflex Gaisler

When you arrange your linux platforms search for C++ tools and C++ tools GUI in the repository list (from the Desktop Menu open ->...-> <Add/Remove Software>, and in the search box write: C++).

Try also the PHP script, which is not developed for AI, but turns to be very convenient for the purpose.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks for your help ,but I want a software that I can integrate the embedded linux kernel

Linux User
    You could try QEMU to build your target image, then install it onto your target device.

Here is the QEMU website:
    About - QEMU

And this link from the QEMU website gives instructions on how to install the SPARC version of Debian Linux onto the virtual target OS.
    Debian on an emulated SPARC machine

Once you have installed Debian, you can use GCC to do all of your C/C++ programming, compiling everything on the virtual OS.