Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: A New Program

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

A New Program

I was just wondering if it's possible to create a program that searches for all your online accounts(yahoo, hotmail, facebook, ect.). Can this be done?

forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by LuciOnStrat42 View Post
    I was just wondering if it's possible to create a program that searches for all your online accounts(yahoo, hotmail, facebook, ect.). Can this be done?
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

Sorry, but I'm not sure that I'm understanding your question properly. If they are your own accounts, wouldn't you already know about them?
    oz

Linux User
    Do you mean, you want to search the text in the messages for all e-mails across all accounts? Well, Facebook does not allow you to read messages using external programs. Some mail services allow you to use programs like "Thunderbird" or "Evolution" to read e-mail, I know GMail allows you to access their e-mail using "Thunderbird". I believe Yahoo requires you to pay to allow access from "Thunderbird".

So the easy answer is to your question is "No".

The other possibility is to write a robotic script to access e-mail accounts using the web interface. This requires reverse-engineering the JavaScript code for each website, then generate the JavaScript events that send HTTP requests (along with cookies) for information from Facebook, or Yahoo, or whatever, and then parsing through the information returned to construct individual message objects, and then searching each message. This is possible -- if you are a genius computer scientists with too much time on his hands.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close