Results 1 to 2 of 2
Hi There 1. what is the timer resolution (GETTIMEOFTHEDAY() RESOLUTION ) 2. where we need this exactly 3. what is the use of the timer resolution if any one can ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 03-30-2011 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
Regarding the timer resolution EX: GETTIMEOFTHEDAY() RESOLUTION
1. what is the timer resolution (GETTIMEOFTHEDAY() RESOLUTION )
2. where we need this exactly
3. what is the use of the timer resolution
if any one can explain with example please
- 03-31-2011 #2
- Join Date
- Nov 2008
- Tokyo, Japan
Just do "man gettimeofday", or if that fails, Google "Linux manual gettimeofday".
Notice that "struct timeval" has only two fields: tv_sec field is commented plainly with the word "seconds" and the "tv_usec" field is commented plainly with the word "microseconds".
- So I think this means the resolution is in microseconds.
- You need this when you want to get the time of day as a raw integer value, and not a formated text value for the date and time. You can use the result as a seed value for a pseudo-random number generator, for example.
- Wait a minute, am I doing your homework for you?