Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone, Sorry for my title, But This language make me cold to programming language.I was a succesful programmer but C++ uwww its horrible.. Anyway, I have a course that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Server Problem !! (I hate C++)

Hi everyone,

Sorry for my title, But This language make me cold to programming language.I was a succesful programmer but C++ uwww its horrible..

Anyway, I have a course that is Operational System.. My lecturer doesnt explain sso much and after He say, You must solve this problem, because u r a programmer.. I havent information about linux programmin and I cant.. I am good in c#,vb.neteven java ... anyway

I put my codes here, He wants, I must allow multi-client to server. It means, server must accept all clients that request..And also server can send value which clients connected And I must use fork. I tried some ways but no successful. And also he said, you must edit my server codes, you cant own code.

I uploaded server&client files here. Can u say where is my problem?

this is just main function

server download

sendspace.com/file/cfnvpm

client download

sendspace.com/file/xevurl

Please help me, I dont want to fail this course.. I'm an erasmus student also...
    Last edited by oz; 06-19-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: removed non-English portion of post - please check the forum rules

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, this is C code, not C++, and if you are going to do systems programming, you have to learn C, and network programming with C. C++ is just C with classes - more complex, but more powerful for complex systems. Anyway, forum policy is to not help with school class assignments. I would suggest that you go to your school library and check out the following books (or borrow/buy them if necessary):

The C Programming Language, ANSI edition by Kernighan & Ritchie
    Internetworking with TCP/IP, Volume III by Comer and Stevens
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Another good guide for networking in C, for reading online, is Beej's Guide to Networking (beej.us/guide/bgnet/output/html/multipage/index.html). It helped me a lot, anyway.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close