Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey! Im running Ubuntu server 10.04LTS and i want to access information stored on a database via my bin.sh script.. The idea is i want to have a website with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Bash and databases

hey!

Im running Ubuntu server 10.04LTS and i want to access information stored on a database via my bin.sh script..

The idea is i want to have a website with a log in/register screen and a database whiche stores the $USERNAME and $PASSWORD.

Then have a script that runs and uses that $USERNAME and $PASSWORD to create an account.. anyone have any ideas on how or if this can be achieved? :s

Adam

Just Joined!

Creating username and password login

Quote Originally Posted by dori922 View Post
    hey!

Im running Ubuntu server 10.04LTS and i want to access information stored on a database via my bin.sh script..

The idea is i want to have a website with a log in/register screen and a database whiche stores the $USERNAME and $PASSWORD.

Then have a script that runs and uses that $USERNAME and $PASSWORD to create an account.. anyone have any ideas on how or if this can be achieved? :s

Adam
    ===================================

Go to the website indicated below, this site gives you the ability to create a username and password. Just make sure you have apache2, php and mysql-server and mysql-client is installed and running on your linux machine

Code:
    apt-get install php5 apache2 mysql-server mysql-client

yum install php5 apache2 mysql-server mysql-client
    PHP Website

Code:
    http://php.about.com/od/finishedphp1/ss/php_login_code.htm