Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am new to Linux...... Using C++. I have created a 3 Buttons. Each Button opens one Applications as a separate Process ( Say for Example Button1 opens Xterm, Button2 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Switching beween Application

i am new to Linux......
    Using C++. I have created a 3 Buttons. Each Button opens one Applications as a separate Process (
    Say for Example Button1 opens Xterm, Button2 opens Firefox Button3 Opens Calculator
    i have clicked on all 3 Buttons and all three applications are running.

i want to implement a feature like this, If i click on Button1 Again i want to make sure that Xterm that was already opened Get the Focus. i.e The I do not want to open a new Xterm But to bring the Xterm window that was previously opened on the top of all the open windows. How do i implement this?

Since the applications are started as Process i do not have a Control over them. in C++ how do i get the control of a window that is opened in linux

Hello and Welcome.
    This thread has been moved to the programming/scripting section for best results and your other duplicate thread was deleted as this is against forum rules.
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ums-rules.html
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.