Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm currently enrolled in a Linux class. Looking forward to making the switch (still on Windows). But right now I just need to get thru this class. Can anyone tell ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

new linux user needs hand held: STDOUT color

I'm currently enrolled in a Linux class. Looking forward to making the switch (still on Windows). But right now I just need to get thru this class. Can anyone tell me how you change the color of the standard output. I have to write a simple menu shell script and have the answer returned in a different color depending on what category the returned answer will be a part of. So...
    Thanks,

Travix

Sorry but homework questions aren't allowed here.
    And just how do you think you can get through a Linux class and not have it installed on your pc?
    Get with it and take the plunge.

Welcome aboard!
    As mentioned, we won't do homework for you. But if you have a code that just didn't work properly, you could post it.
    Then, one of our scripting gurus might be able to point out where you might want to look.

Asking for help is quite different than asking for an answer.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    That's all I need is some good direction. I can't figure out how to make my shell script display the output of the calendar command in green. Here is one permutation of the command I've been using:

cal | echo -e "\033[32m";

But it won't let me pipe the results of cal into the echo command that's making the text green. I've rearranged every single attribute in this command. So, can anyone point to a useful page or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Travix

Linux Guru
    Reverse your commands. This worked for me and I expect there are other ways to do it.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    echo -e "\033[32m";
    cal