Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to contribute for some open source project. I' starting with CMU PocketSphinx speech recognition toolkit. because it not so popular to user community. I want to fork it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Software testing

I want to contribute for some open source project. I' starting with CMU PocketSphinx speech recognition toolkit. because it not so popular to user community. I want to fork it into a user space driver so that it can be integrated into OS someday. but to start I need some guidelines. The documentation of the project is not enough(atleast for me). I'm going to read the source code of the project. it comes with unit test and regression test files. hoe do I setup an environment to debug(in order to read the source) the source code. i hav installed those libs. but i want to it from this source... In nutshell i want to know the software test environment for an open-source project provided their source is available.

Just Joined!
    I'm not sure if I got your question right, but I think you may want to check the documentation again or search for other resources about the project. It looks like you already have the source code, so you have to know the programming language of the program, then download the corresponding development environment/IDEs/compilers required. If you're not sure about anything of those, you might want to contact the initial developer(s) or join their mailing list, if any.