Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I would like to use the ext2 source in my own embedded application. Idealy I would like to have a set of functions like open, close ,write, read etc ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Using ext2 without Linux

Hi

I would like to use the ext2 source in my own embedded application. Idealy I would like to have a set of functions like open, close ,write, read etc so that I can write data to a hard drive. Is it possible to get the source from Linux and do this, or has someone else already done it?

Thanks

Jon

You can get source code from the Ext2fs homepage
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the reply. I have had a look but I can't see the source.

There is a link to the git repository of the userland tools around ext2/3/4
    E2fsprogs: Ext2 Filesystem Utilities

If you are interested in how the kernel modules for these filesystems are implemented, then get the kernel source here The Linux Kernel Archives
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    What I am ideally looking for with ext2/ext3 is something similar to what I could go out and buy for FAT32. So the source code with a nice set of functions that I can call to do the various file options. I want to use it with FreeRTOS rather than Linux.

Linux Engineer
    From my brief reading of their project's home page, it doesn't appear there are even device drivers distributed with that 'OS.' I think there are a lot of steps between using a base FreeRTOS and implementing ext2/3.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by beandigital View Post
    What I am ideally looking for with ext2/ext3 is something similar to what I could go out and buy for FAT32. So the source code with a nice set of functions that I can call to do the various file options. I want to use it with FreeRTOS rather than Linux.
    What about Ext2Fsd or ext2 IFS? They are both windows drivers for accessing ext2/3 filesystems.