Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm looking to start learning Perl and want to know if Perl Cookbook is worth buying or if there is something else I should go with. I've taken C and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Perl Cookbook

I'm looking to start learning Perl and want to know if Perl Cookbook is worth buying or if there is something else I should go with. I've taken C and C++ but was wanting to learn a high level language since I mostly want to do scripting, database, and smaller programs. I will more or less be self learning and since I learn best by doing I thought this book might be a good start.

I realized Perl Cookbook was published in 2003 so it's now dates, would "Programming Perl" work in it's place?
    Last edited by RogueWatchmen; 10-17-2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Dated Book

"What you think about me is none of my business"

Just Joined!
    I've been trying to get Perl.org to load for over an hour but it just now loaded fully. It's time for the presidental debate but glossing over it I think you are correct. Are there any other sites you would recommend? I had been on perl.org earlier at school but I didn't have much time to look it over. As for the book the campus network is somewhere between the stone and bronze age so on peek time which is when I'll be working on this web resources could be problematic so a paper referance was something I was considering. I'll be working at it during other times as well, but on campus is where I think best

"What you think about me is none of my business"

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the assist