Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there, I'm very new to the IT field. I was fortunate enough to land a job while still in school. I mentioned that I'm taking some Linux related classes ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

clonezilla

Hi there,
    I'm very new to the IT field. I was fortunate enough to land a job while still in school. I mentioned that I'm taking some Linux related classes and now everyone thinks I'm some sort of Linux guru, despite my warnings. Anyway, I've been tasked with making some sort of failover disk using clonezilla. We have two servers here at work, they both are capable of running either Windows server 2008, or Small Business Server. One server runs server 2008 while the other runs SBS. The goal is, I think, when one of these servers fail, to be able to insert a disk to write a new image of whichever server failed. I'm pretty fuzzy on the details at this point, but I know what I am expected to do involves Clonezilla. Can someone please point in the direction of a decent primer on this matter- using clonezilla (when/how), creating failover contingencies. Anything. I'm rather excited at the opportunity to dig in to this completely foreign task, nevertheless, it is a bit daunting.

Thank You!

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello

The Clonezilla website has documentation and examples for their server edition and live edition, depending on which one you will be using:

Clonezilla - Sever Edition

Clonezilla live

I've always used the live edition, it being pretty much a menu-guided process, but it's worked everytime for me.
    oz