Find the answer to your Linux question:
After password-less ssh-login, is there any way in Linux to retrieve the identity of the remote-user that logged in? I would like to take some different actions in the login-scripts, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    rop
    Just Joined!

Check identity of remote-user after password-less ssh-login?

After password-less ssh-login, is there any way in Linux to retrieve the identity of the remote-user that logged in?

I would like to take some different actions in the login-scripts, depending on from which remote host/userid I do ssh-login.

Hi and welcome

The uid, gid etc can be found by calling the command "id"
    and the ssh connection details can be found in the environment variable SSH_CONNECTION.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    The command
    Code:
    who am i
    provides information about the current login, including the host from which an ssh session has been launched.

I don't believe there's a way to find out the login ID on the remote host (i.e. if I log in to host W from host X where I have userid Y, host W doesn't have a way of determining userid Y. However, host W does know that you came from host X).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    rop
    Just Joined!
    Thanks for tips.
    Unfortunately, the hostname only didnt help here, since we login through a common proxy.
    But I now found a workaround, to login as:

ssh -t user@server '/bin/bash --rcfile .customrc -i'

It will then do a normal login, but will execute a different login-file than .bashrc, where I can put the custom-commands.