Find the answer to your Linux question:
i wont to code a desktop system that communicate with the server, to do that i cant use verchual machine, because my pc is low in configuration. so i want ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question how to build a application in windows and test it in linux ?

i wont to code a desktop system that communicate with the server, to do that i cant use verchual machine, because my pc is low in configuration. so i want to do it in windows and test in unix environment. plz help me on this matter....

Linux Newbie
    What exactly are you stuck with - do you have your application compiled for both? Do you not know how to set up a network? What exactly don't you know how to do?
    Programming and other random guff: cat /dev/thoughts > blogspot.com (previously prognix.blogspot.com)

Just Joined!
    i want to code a pos system in linux. there are mostly for windows. i want to know which kind of application(like visualstudio) will help me to develop it. and i want to do it in windows and test it.

Linux Newbie
    Hi.
    Some questions :
    -is your POS SYSTEM a point of sale ?
    -if yes, did you check OpenERP ?
    -Why do you want to code under zindozs if you plan to run it on a Linux machine ? Can't you dual boot ?

Many languages are cross platform. You may check Java. You may check Python + WX.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDangeax View Post
    Hi.
    -Why do you want to code under zindozs if you plan to run it on a Linux machine ? Can't you dual boot ?
    My response is along the same line. What keeps you from installing lightweight Linux distribution? On an IBM T21 (PIII 1.1 MHz) & 512 MB RAM) I have AntiX running, and it works, even if it is not exceptionally fast. Thus you would also gain experience with UNIX systems more generally.