Find the answer to your Linux question:
Recently I joined a project coding a website. I am not a skilled coder whatsoever and I wanted to help build this website to force myself to learn. I'm a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

MySQL Projects

Recently I joined a project coding a website. I am not a skilled coder whatsoever and I wanted to help build this website to force myself to learn. I'm a learn by doing kind of guy. So my first task given to me was this:

well what you need to do is a script that gets the current url and do a
    cleanQuery and regex test on it after that insert it to database with the
    name, link and current user ID, you can also add a index on it

when you click the bookmark icon you can do a msgbox("title", "htmlcode
    to add name");

get url with js or php, example (url for site)
    cleanquery is a function in lib.php so include it with include_once
    ('libs/lib.php');
    and regex is preg_match(regex, string)
    I'm not asking anyone to do this for me don't get me wrong. I am just having a hard time understanding exactly needs to be done. I'm having a hard time picturing what he wants from me. Can someone show me an example of what is being asked here? If I see some examples I am sure that I can get started. Thanks alot for reading.

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by jdos1 View Post
    Recently I joined a project coding a website. I am not a skilled coder whatsoever and I wanted to help build this website to force myself to learn. I'm a learn by doing kind of guy. So my first task given to me was this:

I'm not asking anyone to do this for me don't get me wrong. I am just having a hard time understanding exactly needs to be done. I'm having a hard time picturing what he wants from me. Can someone show me an example of what is being asked here? If I see some examples I am sure that I can get started. Thanks alot for reading.
    ... well I guess he wanna check if you know what a query is and what kind of regex test you would do ... or if you know what regex is ...

I don't want to flame, but I wonder why you would expect serious and good answers from people that are not involved with that project? If something is unclear, you should ask your mentor / project leader. He should know what the project needs and if a task is unclear, you should ask him politely to explain himself.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close