Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
is there any??? thing out there that instead of doing it like needing to be in root and this and that like something that i could type it all in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

is there any??? thing out there that instead of doing it like needing to be in root and this and that like something that i could type it all in like in some prrrogram like notepad???

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by thislinuxdj View Post
    see i would use linux from scratch but i need live cd! can u send link with live cd lfs don't have theres
    You can download the lfs livecd from any one of several links found on the following webpage:

LFS LiveCD Project Downloads

Note that I tested several of the links on that page before posting this to make sure they worked.

Keep in mind also that the LFS livecd is now considered to be outdated and as such is not recommended for use in building an LFS system. The documentation found on the disk is outdated as well.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    is there any??? thing out there that instead of doing it like needing to be in root and this and that like something that i could type it all in like in some prrrogram like notepad???
    Gedit, Kwrite, and Leafpad text editors are all considered to be good Notepad replacements.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    see i would use linux from scratch but i need live cd! can u send link with live cd lfs don't have theres
    If you are looking for some other livecd rather than the LFS livecd, you can find a listing of them with their respective download links here:

Linux | The LiveCD List
    oz

i mean..

is there something out there that tells codes just to do in kwrite or one of thoses editer's out there. or some program that's in ubuntu software center or something so u don't need to do it in virtualbox. or wheres something for younger people but still source codes like middle schoolers?

LFS doesn't have a LiveCD that I'm aware of. LFS is more of a set of instructions on building a custom system from source, from the bottom up.
    I've not used it, but you can typically start from a currently installed Linux system, or any LiveCD.
    Here is a current list from DistroWatch.

Hope that helps.

*EDIT*

Okay then... there are LFS LiveCDs!
    Opps...
    Last edited by jayd512; 01-25-2013 at 02:57 AM. Reason: see EDIT
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    is there something out there that tells codes just to do in kwrite or one of thoses editer's out there. or some program that's in ubuntu software center or something so u don't need to do it in virtualbox. or wheres something for younger people but still source codes like middle schoolers?
    It's doubtful that very many middle schoolers are building Linux distributions. I'm not aware of any way to build one from scratch without doing some coding and hacking, either. The existing code is open source so you can download any part of it that you'd like to know more about, and take a look at it to see how it was designed and put together.
    oz

can you give me your email so i can get help from u? from lfs?

i think fedora livecd will work

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    *EDIT*

Okay then... there are LFS LiveCDs!
    Opps...
    Yeah, but they've apparently decided not to provide them any longer, hence the ones available being outdated. All the system tools, utilities, and LFS build instructions are reported to be outdated. They advise to use their outdated liveCDs for system rescue type operations only.
    oz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast