Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Originally Posted by thislinuxdj see i would use linux from scratch but i need live cd! can u send link with live cd lfs don't have theres The LFS livecd ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by thislinuxdj View Post
    see i would use linux from scratch but i need live cd! can u send link with live cd lfs don't have theres
    The LFS livecd is grossly out of date, and besides you don't need a live cd to build it. You can build it from any distribution that has the required tools.

Linux Newbie
    I haven't followed this thread very thoroughly, but I notice that T2 hasn't been mentioned. I used it a while ago, not sure how it's doing now but it's another option.
    Programming and other random guff: cat /dev/thoughts > blogspot.com (previously prognix.blogspot.com)

ok if i have a linux preinstalled whould i use a gedit or something like that and can you please leave a link to of what packages i need for lfs i'll check out that T2 John thankyou guys for help

oz
    forum.guy
    ok if i have a linux preinstalled whould i use a gedit or something like that and can you please leave a link to of what packages i need for lfs
    Hello

You can find complete instructions for building Linux From Scratch on their website (link posted earlier in this thread). Some good text editors would include emacs, gedit, kate, kedit, kwrite, leafpad, medit, mousepad, nano, nedit, pico, scite, and vi/vim. Others can be found with a bit of online searching.
    oz

i'll put it this way. do u use just a therimal for whole project or do u use gedit and therimal for project?

another thing i would like to ask if there is a way to look at iso's coding so i will know how iso's are built

oz
    forum.guy
    another thing i would like to ask if there is a way to look at iso's coding so i will know how iso's are built
    The iso file would have to be extracted to see its contents. 7-zip can handle iso extractions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_zip
    oz

thanks alot! you guys have been a big help!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4