Find the answer to your Linux question:
Are there any iframe alternatives that works on major browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari and IE (the least)? My website currently uses an iframe. There are some links, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I need an iframe alternatives

Are there any iframe alternatives that works on major browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari and IE (the least)?

My website currently uses an iframe. There are some links, especially affiliate links from CJ, that won't open when inside an iframe. The same link loads normally without iframe but iframe is essential to my website.

Upper portion of the page displays a coupon code and a description while the lower portion, via iframe, displays the website or the affiliate link of the website. The problem is, some links doesn't display when inside an iframe.

Is this an iframe limitation? Are there any alternative to iframe that I can use that's still working on browsers stated above?

Thanks.

I believe the standard way is to use <div ...> elements, but you don't get the self-contained elements you get with iframes. There are AJAX scripts floating around out there that will help provide some of those features, although I'm no expert in this area.

It's also possible to do it with CSS (it seems). There is a bit of help here that might be useful.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    Thanks.

I've also found a guide on dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxcontent.htm but the problem is, I don't know how to apply it in my website

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    With the javascript/ajax problems you reported on the other thread, perhaps going down the CSS route would be more useful anyway? CSS is waaaay more straightforward than page scripting.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    I just learned that CJ links are not meant to be used inside an iframe. It's also against in their TOS to put their links in an iframe as it resembles "force clicking". Force clicking was never my intention. Other than that, I guess they did something on their links, that when it's used inside an iframe, they won't load the page.

As I've mentioned above CJ links, or their affiliate links specifically, works normally in a browser but when loaded inside an iframe, it won't load. Just blank white screen shown inside an iframe.

I'll do some research about CSS. I don't know how to code on CSS. I have CSS on my website but I didn't code it. I hired someone else to do it for me.

Just Joined!
    I can no longer edit the message above and so I'll reply on my own thread.

iframe is no longer viable on my website and so I'll just close this thread or mark it as solved.
    I may have other issues but will be posted on a different thread.

Thanks Roxoff for your help. I appreciate it.