Find the answer to your Linux question:
Greetings I have a few html pages with very little javascript, php, and css. The pages are pretty small. In Chrome it looks really nice and in I.E. it looks ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

webpage compatibility

Greetings
    I have a few html pages with very little javascript, php, and css. The pages are pretty small. In Chrome it looks really nice and in I.E. it looks like crap. I'm really not sure how to approach this. Suggestions please.

Can you please provide more details? What version of chrome and IE? Also what are the contents of this page?
    Btw I'm not really an expert on getting web pages to render correctly but I do know that it can be VERY difficult at times. I also
    know that in the past Microsoft has deliberately programmed IE to render pages incorrectly in the hopes of making sure that websites will make all their web pages work with IE only.

There are multiple browser engines in use by the different browsers and they each have things they render different than the others. Now there are mobile devices added to the mix. So on big sites who have to be compatible with the major browser they have code to check what browser they are on and make adjustments accordingly. It's a big job having to support all the main browsers.
    A lion does not lose sleep, over the opinion of sheep.