Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sir I am having Lenovo A3000 tab which has 1.2 giga HZ quad core processor, 16 GB internal memory, 1 GB ram. As I have installed opensuse 13.1 on my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Need help to learn Linux programming on android tablet

Sir I am having Lenovo A3000 tab which has 1.2 giga HZ quad core processor, 16 GB internal memory, 1 GB ram.

As I have installed opensuse 13.1 on my PC but due to frequent power failures I have decided to learn Linux programming on the above tab.

So I have obtained up to 6 to 7 qemu images from the site http://stacklet.com and none of them worked fine I mean I am getting errors while extracting the files. I have even tried other methods like Linux on android though not succeeded also I have requested help from the concerning forums but there is no response
    http://forums.opensuse.org/showthrea...novo-A3000-tab
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2225432

I am sorry to say that there is no perfect app for neither Virtualbox, VMware on android.

As I want to learn Linux I nead a terminal and compilers like gcc, g++, awk, perl, gnu tools, vim.

Kindly suggest how to achieve the above whether by qemu images or any other methods. If you have any qemu image which can work on android please provide the link.

Regards,
    Rupesh.

Trusted Penguin
    hi,

I've moved your thread to the Programming forum, where it'll hopefully attract more attention.

I have gone adavance and created my own qemu image but unable to run on my tab and the procedure I have followed is below.

I want to run RHEL 5.0 X86 CLI I mean without any gui on my tab.

At first on windows I have installed qemu manager and after that I have created a virtual machine RHEL with processor option as Pentium 3 and ram option with 256 MB. The installation was successful and I am able to boot properly into it.

After that I have transferred the installation image to my tab. In order to run the virtual machine I have installed limbo qemu manager. I have selected the transferred image and specified the options same as above.

When I run the above virtual machine I am unable to boot into my system properly and I getting the following errors

kernel panic not syncing: kernel compiled for Pentium+ requires TSC feature.
    general protection fault : fffa [#1] etc...

Kindly suggest how to rectify the error and run successfully the above virtual machine on my tab.

Regards,
    Rupesh.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I have searched the web to resolve the above issue and found three ways ie., compiling xenomai which is helpful to main kernel in real time task management, applying real time preemption patch to the kernel or installing openvz kernel.

As I am not an advanced Linux user if I perform anything I am afraiding that my system may be destroyed.

May I know why are you not giving reply. One of the guy in other forum has replied that "don't ask help on pirated software" and if this is your question then my answer is I have used a number of latest Linux distros to create qemu images but failed because when I ran those images on my tab it's being struck. Finally I have chose RHEL5 dvd which was thrown somewhere.
    Last edited by rupeshforu3; 06-23-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Linux Engineer

Yes its a wonderful app but it requires rooted device and unlockable boot loader. I have made my tab rooted but unable to make it unlockable.

One of the person on Ubuntu forum has responded that we can't install Linux on my tab.

The process is very critical and I think no one has installed Linux using Linux on android in particular lenovo a3000.

If you search how to install Linux on android they will illustrate on the device Google nexus 7.

I think that if you create an app it must run on any device with a very simple procedure.

Linux Newbie
    All operating systems are very dependent on the hardware platform. I don't think I've seen any Linux package that is built to run on a Cortex A-7 processor. Just because Andriod uses a version of the Linux kernel does not mean the hardware is compatible with a Linux distro built for an x86 processor...

OK please suggest how to run RHEL5 qemu virtual machine successfully on android tab.

Thanks for your suggestions the problem is solved and the best solution for this issue is knoppix in particular knoppix version 6 which is based on micro kernel. The above os boots with in a few minutes.

My other suggestion is ArchLinux which is purely command line based.

Regards,
    Rupesh.

Linux Guru
    You have installed knoppix on your Lenovo tablet? Did you do it from a web tutorial? I would be great if you'd post a link. I'd be interested in hearing what keyboard you're using and how well it works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast